Total: 40 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Baking: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Small mixing bowl
Sharp knife or pizza cutter
6″ cake pan or pie pan
Small baking tray
1 can Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust (yes, it’s vegan!)
1/2 cup (one stick) vegan margarine, softened but cool
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut parchment paper into a circle to fit in the bottom of your cake or pie pan.
3. In a small mixing bowl using the spatula, fold together margarine, sugar, and cinnamon until mixed well.
4. Pop open can of pizza crust, remove the dough from the can, and gently extend it to 12″ x 18″.
5. Use your spatula to spread the cinnamon mixture evenly over the dough.
6. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 2″ strips.
7. Roll the bottom strip into a classic cinnamon roll.
8. Pick up and place the roll at the end of the next strip up, so that its tail end meets with the starting end of the new strip.
9. Roll it up, and repeat the process until all strips are incorporated into your giant cinnamon roll. It will get messy! It is easier and less messy if your kitchen is colder.
10. Place your giant cinnamon roll into the cake or pie pan, domed side up.
11. Spread any spilled cinnamon mix over the roll.
12. Place pan on the rack over your tray (to catch anything that bubbles over) in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
13. Once baked, take out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. To remove roll from pan, use a spatula to scrape down the sides and turn upside down. Peel off parchment paper circle. Do this carefully, as there may be hot oil. Flip back over onto a plate.
14. Cut into slices or serve simply as a pull-apart bread. Delicious hot with icing poured over the top!
Note: One of my favorite kitchen gadgets is actually my Fiskars Self-Healing Cutting Mat (it’s made for cutting fabric)! It’s huge and easy to clean, makes measuring a cinch, and keeps my counters clean and safe.